One element to consider is that fabrics ought to be childproof.
To decorate a family home, making it fabulous, and then decide to close rooms so that children are prevented from soiling the sofa is a last century practice!
We enjoy fabulous spaces that can be lived by the entire family, which of course includes children and their friends!
Technological innovation in the fabrics industry has created high resistance, high quality, long-lasting fabrics that keep their good appearance for long periods of time.
Fabrics producers today offer products with characteristics and treatments such as:
- Hidrocare: liquid repellent, prevents the penetration of dirt and allows for easy and efficient cleaning. This treatment prevents the appearance of stains in the fabric.
- Easy to clean: fabrics that are conceived to be cleaned only with water, which is enough to remove common stains such as coffee, chocolate and wine, among others.
- High scratch resistance.
- Chemical solvents free.
- Leather options, especially faux leather, because some have the characteristics above listed.
- Patterned fabrics (with contrasting colours) and some textured fabrics that facilitate the removal and lower visibility of stains.
Some ideas to consider regarding childproof fabrics:
- Stain resistant.
- Durable when is cleaned with soft and dry cloth. (Beware that faux leather when the fabric is cleaned with house cleaning products, it will rip off and have low duration).
- Easy to clean
- Stain resistant
- Wears well
How about you, have you considered any of the new products available in the market?
Fell free to get in touch if you would like some suggestions!