As you may see at our post style signature, when we get carried away by the tendencies, when there is no coherence in our choices when we go shopping the result is a ton of objects, that isolated are beautiful, but mixed with the other ones we have at home creates a combination without sense!
Take some time and think about you, your lifestyle, the feeling you would like to emanate from your home:
To help you to define your home style you have to consider:
1.What is the best expression for your own style? This means your genuine style, not the style you create for the others or for professional reasons. Just an example, some pop stars, even metal rock stars, have a very classic style at home, completely different from the style they exhale when they are acting!
2. Your home components – Materials – do you prefer concrete, or wood or stone? – painted walls, or decor paper… there are lots of questions you can answer about it!
3. Not so your home style! – Find a box and put on it all the items you bought in the past and you don’t like anymore.
4. Pop your home signature style– The items you love, even if there is no coherence of style and colour between them, are to keep. They will be your style signature, they will tell about your story, about your preferences. When your favourite items are grouped in a particular order and, put on strategic places, the result could be astonishing!
5. Finding Inspiration – Read about home decor on blogs, interior designers website…
6. Invest in furniture and accessories you know will fit your home style – Spend more with timeless items, these ones, you know can last for long.
7.Think about colour – There are hundreds of colours at your disposal. Try to find a colour palette that fits your home style and, the most important, is to keep consistency and coherence in your choices related to colour.
Forget the trends, every year they promote a new colour! If right now the main inclination is for the greys but you are more for the beiges, go for it. Browse about colour schemes inspired by nature (nature is always right)!
Think about a part of your home, like a dining room or dining corner, look at the photos below, they are only a small example of different styles we have at our disposal.
The best way to enhance a home decor is to be yourself and be authentic on your decisions, and of course, planning the space with coherence between objects, colours and symmetry.