To know how to receive our team or partners at home is as important as knowing how to work with them. It is good to have the opportunity to realize a meeting at home once this brings the chance to broach the other ones with a pleasant perspective. This will promote the communication. These kind of meetings are a perfect complement of lots of work which was previously performed.
Once you have invited your partners, it is time to plan the dinner. Start with a check list to ensure that you don’t forget anything.
- Schedule day and time. It is important to have everything prepared half an hour before the meeting.
- Number of guests.
- Dining Material: It is the first thing to. Based on the number of gests, add more two or three persons and there must be cutlery, crockery, cups, platters, tablecloths and napkins of the same set for everyone. It is advisable to have count with two or three more, in case one breaks or becomes soiled, it will be easier to replace it without delay or embarrassment.
- Table decoration: The decoration need to be simple and elegant, and the table should be set when the guests arrive. As table center you could choose between flowers, little plants, candles or fruits. Remember that table center should be low so people can talk.
- Living room: The best way to brighten a room is by adding flowers in jars at strategic points. Sometimes one or two flower arrangements are enough to enhance the decoration.
- Toilet: Should be spotless, with fresh towels and new soaps or full dispensers. If you like, you can also add a small jar of flowers or a decorative air freshener.
- Music: Will fill the space with a good vibe, choose a smooth sound and keep it low.
- It is also necessary to consider a place for the guests leave their coats.
- Menu: You will have to decide if you want to cook, or want to ask someone to come home and cook for you or order the meal. In any case dinner should include at least one starter, a main course and a desert, with water and possibly other drinks.
- Table seats distribution: When dinner is offered by a couple, the guest of honor sits to the right of the owner of the house and his wife to the left. As far as possible, the distribution of seats should alternate between men and women.
As hosts, we especially want to receive well, and ensure that they enjoy being in our house, promoting a few hours of productive, pleasant and unforgettable occasion.