Hair loss is not one thing that happen to men, women are affected too!
Our hair is in permanent renovation. This renovation cycle has three phases:
- The growing phase, the regression phase is when hair ceases its growth, the resting phase, when hair is released. At the end of this period the strand of hair falls.
Hair problems, as hair thinning and/or hair loss, occurs during the growth phase.
This can be originated by conditions such as:
- Stress – Originates free radicals that weaken the hair follicle
- Low levels of iron – Common when women who has abnormal and dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
- Very restrictive diet – Low vitamins consumption increases hair fragility making it brittle
- Hair aggression – poor quality hair dye.
Women hair loss is often temporary, that means that there is a solution:
- First is important to see a dermatologist and ask for a diagnosis. Blood analysis are important to identify any pathology or nutritional deficiency. Some doctors don’t ask for ferritin, this analysis is important to evaluate the blood iron levels, some women has a good hemoglobin with low levels of ferritin.
- It is important to increase the irrigation of the scalp, you can do it with head massage – you can do by your self, when applying special serum or shampoo to promote hair growth. Do it in a regular basis, this do more than you think.
- Increase the vitamin and oligo-elements intake through food and supplements.
Since most cases of female hair loss are transient, go to the dermatologist as soon as possible in order to reverse the situation and regain strong, healthy hair.